Whitey Top Farm Lodges
This new style of luxury Lodge, set in the beautiful Dorset countryside, in an area of outstanding natural beauty, gives you every home comfort and more, including your own hot tub where you can relax and enjoy the dark night sky and stars at their best. A romantic get away and a perfect base to explore the stunning countryside, idyllic villages, historic houses, gardens and museums. We hope your stay with us will be relaxing and enjoyable. We are only 2 hours and 14 minutes from London.
Whitey Top Lodge is located on Whitey Top Farm, Pentridge a working dairy farm in the heart of the Cranborne Chase AONB which is in the process of becoming a designated Dark Skies Area, and bordering Martin Down National Nature Reserve, one of the largest areas of chalk grassland in the country, which is the home to many species of birds, insects and flowers. The farm is also surrounded by many miles of unbroken footpaths and bridalways including the Jubilee Trail which crosses Dorset from border to border.
There are many Neolithic, Roman and Saxon Earthworks on and around it but notably Bokerley Dyke ( a long defensive ditch dug to keep the Saxons out) runs along the bottom of the farm.
- The medieval city of Salisbury is 11 miles away with its beautiful gothic Cathedral, restaurants and great shopping.
- Martin Down National Nature Reserve
- Pentridge (meaning 'Hill of the wild boar') Trantridge in Thomas Hardy's novel "Tess of the D'Urbervilles"
- Stonehenge - a World Heritage Site
- Longleat Safari Park and House
- Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site
- New Forest National Park
- Bournemouth, Poole & Southampton
- Larmer Tree Victorian Pleasure Gardens
- 8 miles from The Great Dorset Steam Fair (Held end of Aug/early Sept)
- Tank Museum
In the Area:
Come and Relax in our Modern Holiday Lodge for 2018
Where we are:
To see more details and book a stay with us, use the link below (Sykes Cottages) or contact us directly.